At Donna Tongue ~ PERFORMER’S STUDIO™ in Londonderry, NH, I strive to accomplish three things: Share my knowledge and love of music with others to guide and nurture each individual’s discovery of their own unique and natural musical abilities; Devote all my energy and passion to helping you attain your musical goals; and Have Fun doing it along the way!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education, Crane School of Music, Potsdam, N.Y. 1983 – primary instrument: Viola.
- Masters Degree in Vocal Performance, Boston University School of Fine Arts, 1987.
Professional and Community Solo and Ensemble Work
- Musical theatre, Gilbert & Sullivan operettas, and opera throughout the New Hampshire region and beyond
- Manchester Choral Society, Member and Soloist
- Soloist, First Church of Christ, Scientist, Manchester, NH
- New Hampshire Philharmonic Orchestra, Violist
- Merrimack Chorus
Awards and Recognition
- In 2012, received the Best Music Director award for Community Theatre at the New Hampshire Theatre Awards, for Actorsingers production of Annie!
- Music director for ASFI Enterprises performance of A Song For Ireland, at the Historical Off-Broadway Theatre, NY, NY, 2004
- In 2002, was awarded the Achievement Award for Music Direction, at the New Hampshire Community Theatre Competition for Kid’s Coop Theatre’s production of The Secret Garden
- Finalist in The First Annual Operafest! Vocal Competition, 1995
- Violist for the Scholarship String Quartet at Crane School of Music, SUNY Potsdam, 1979-1983
- National School Orchestra Award, 1979
- Laura C. Bryant Choral Award, 1979
- National Association of Teachers of Singing, National and Granite State Chapters
- Sigma Alpha Iota, National and Boston Alumni Chapters
Vocal and Directing Resumés
For an extended list of professional experience including Roles Performed and Shows Directed,
please click here for my resumés.